Grievance Policies and Procedures

Grievance Policies and Procedures

Academic Grievance Policy and Procedure

If a dispute involving an academic issue occurs, the student and faculty member should try to resolve their differences through a private conference. Should such efforts fail, the student may initiate the grievance procedure by completing a Formal Grievance Form. Once this form is completed, a meeting with the Grievance Committee will be called. The Grievance Committee is a standing committee composed of the Academic Provost and two students appointed by Student Government, to assist the student and faculty member in resolving this matter. If there is no satisfactory outcome at this meeting, the matter will be sent to the Educational Policies Committee for final resolution.

Non-Academic Grievance Policy and Procedure

Most matters of conflict or disagreement can be resolved by meeting individually with the offending party. Grace Christian University asks that any member of the community with a complaint against another member or entity first attempt to seek resolution by meeting with the individual with whom they are in conflict. Whether or not an individual meeting has taken place, students have the right to submit a formal complaint. This process is initiated by completing a Formal Grievance Form. The Academic Provost maintains record of these complaints as well as the processing and resolution of complaints according to University policies.

If the student is not able to satisfactorily resolve the complaint or grievance with the University, the student has the right to submit his or her complaint to the State of Michigan Licensing Department. (According to Federal Regulation 34 CFR Sec. 600.9(a), all institutions participating in Federal Student Aid are required to refer students with unresolved complaints to a State body).  To submit an unresolved complaint to Michigan Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, please go to, then click the “File a Complaint” link at the top of the page.

To submit an unresolved complaint to one of University’s accrediting bodies, see the contact information below:

Commission for Accreditation of the Association for Biblical Higher Education via e-mail at or telephone (407-207-0808) if you wish to discuss a complaint.

Apply by March 15 for a $500 scholarship!  APPLY NOW
Online classes start Feb 25. Apply by Feb 10.   APPLY NOW
Close popup
Graduate classes start April 28. Apply by April 6.   APPLY NOW
Close popup


Close popup
Request Info