Graduate Online Programs at Grace Christian University
Welcome to Grace Christian University! You have made a great choice to pursue not only your educational goals but your spiritual edification as well. We desire for our students to graduate with a greater knowledge of both Jesus Christ and their chosen career path. Our mission at Grace Christian University is to Graduate Godly Individuals Prepared to Serve Christ in Church and Society!
ABOUT GRADUATE ONLINE
Graduate Studies Mission Statement
The mission of the graduate studies program at Grace Christian University is to provide an excellent context in which students can pursue advanced study in order to further their calling and enhance their effectiveness in their God-given vocations.
Grace Christian University developed its Graduate Online programs to meet the needs of busy adult learners. Graduate Online students are often employed part-time or full-time and are interested in completing their degree while continuing to work. Graduate Online provides students the opportunity to begin classes at different times of the year and attend class online on a year-round basis.
Grace Graduate Online offers the following degrees:
• Master of Arts in Ministry
• Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership
1. Academic Rigor. The program will teach and develop graduate-level research, writing, critical thinking, and communication skills. The first-course students take, the Program Seminar, is designed to give students an orientation to graduate-level work and prepare them for the kind of reading, writing, and thinking skills they will need for the remainder of the program.
2. Student-Centered. The application of constructivist learning theory puts the responsibility of learning in the hands of the students. Whenever possible, students will be given the opportunity to choose what they will learn, how they will learn, and how they will assess their own learning in terms of their own personal ministry and professional goals.
3. Best Practices. As a fully online program, Graduate Studies at Grace Christian University adheres to the best practices of online education, including, but not limited to: online presence, creating a supportive online community, a variety of individual, small group, and large group learning experiences, and clear communication in the online environment.
4. Grace Experience. As closely as possible, the Graduate Studies program will reproduce the experience of undergraduate students (On Campus and Online) in terms of an authentic Grace Christian University experience, expressing the ethos, core values, and historic mission of the University. This includes the University’s commitment to being a Bible-centered institution, committed to our historic Grace theological position, which values transformative relationships and service to church and society.
To increase access to education and meet the flexibility needs of busy adult learners, courses and programs are offered through online delivery. In online courses, students complete their weekly learning activities (reading, discussions, assignments) in an asynchronous way (i.e. not necessarily at the same time as others). Each course contains a complete syllabus and course guide with learning activities and due dates for each week.
Within the Blackboard learning environment, navigation buttons provide ease of maneuvering through the course sections. Email allows students to communicate with the instructor, while the electronic discussion board capabilities allow students and instructor to post, share, and read threaded discussions, questions, and comments. Students must use Microsoft Word documents when submitting assignments. Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher will be needed for some courses; an Office 365 subscription is provided at no-additional-cost to the student. Students should expect to spend approximately 20 or more hours per week engaged in coursework.
Students in the Graduate Online programs will be able to:
• Complete a Master of Arts degree in as little as 18 months
• Attend class asynchronously online and minimize interference from work schedules and family responsibilities
• Improve written, oral, and computer skills, and strengthen their ability to maximize ministry responsibilities and/or leadership skills
• Meet in a collaborative format and benefit from the varied experiences and ideas of classmates
• Obtain a degree that opens a wide range of opportunities, including pursuing doctoral studies
• Attend small virtual classes with the same students, developing teamwork skills and mutual support
• Receive individualized instruction and specific attention
• Gain satisfaction by fulfilling an educational goal