Core Degree Requirements
Arts & Sciences Core
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
1. Human Understanding – the ability to comprehend humanity’s social, emotional, historical, ethical, cultural, and physical development through a biblical perspective.
2. Self Understanding – the ability to effectively locate, critically analyze, and creatively apply knowledge and beliefs for personal and professional development.
3. Relational Understanding – the ability to articulate knowledge and beliefs through strategic oral, written, and culturally relevant forms of communication to interact in diverse situations.
All undergraduate students must complete the requirements of the Arts and Sciences Core, which is based upon the degree type. Students completing an Associate of Arts degree must complete 15 credit hours falling within the following Arts and Sciences categories: Written and Oral Communication, Humanities, Social/Behavioral Sciences, and Natural Science/Mathematics. Students completing a Bachelor of Science degree must complete 30 credit hours within the Arts and Sciences Core categories. Transfer work will be evaluated for applicability toward the Arts and Sciences Core requirements.
Arts and Sciences Core – 27 Credits
|Course||Course Name||Credit Hours||Degree Requirement|
|GEN 122||Intro to Online Studies and Personal Discipleship||3||Academic Success|
|BUS 115||Introduction to Computers||3|
|ENG 105||Introduction to College Writing||3||Written and Oral Communication|
|SPE 200||Oral Communication||3|
|HST/HUM 231||World Civilization||3||Humanities|
|SOC 343||Cultural Diversity||3|
|PSY 201||Introduction to Psychology||3||Social Sciences|
|SCI 220||Introduction to Environmental Science||3||Math or Science|
|FIN 105||Personal and Finance Management||3||Arts and Sciences Elective|
Bible & Theology Core
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
1. Analyze biblical texts based on recognized principles of biblical interpretation, in order to handle the word of God accurately (2 Tim. 2:15).
2. Demonstrate spiritual growth and maturity, service, and the practice of spiritual disciplines.
All undergraduate students must complete the requirements of the Bible and Theology Core requirement, which is based upon the degree type (Associate of Arts, Bachelor of Science, and Bachelor of Science Degree Transfer).
Credit hour requirements for the Bible and Theology Core are as follows:
• Associate of Arts: 12 credit hours
• Bachelor of Science: 30 credit hours
• Bachelor of Science Degree Completion: 18 credit hours
Bible and Theology Core – 30 Credits
|Course||Course Name||Credit Hours|
|BIB 141*||Old Testament||3|
|BIB 143*||New Testament||3|
|HUM 133*||Philosophy and Worldview||3|
|THE 256*||Christian Theology I||3|
|BIB 442||Letters of Paul||3|
|LEA 372||Organizational Leadership||3|
|MIN 370||Spiritual Formation||3|
|THE 454||Knowing God||3|
|HUM 332||Personal and Social Ethics||3|
|THE 453||Christian Theology II||3|
* Courses required for associate degree Bible and Theology Core