Course Repeat Policy

Students are permitted to take a course in which an unsatisfactory grade was achieved during a previous period of enrollment for the purpose of earning a higher grade point average and improved learning. In such situations, registration for the course and payment of the related tuition and fees at the current tuition rates are required. The grade achieved by the repeated course supersedes the initial grade in relation to the cumulative GPA calculation, though the initial grade will remain on the permanent transcript record and marked with an “R” for repeated. Financial aid may be available to help pay for a repeated course if the student’s existing grade in the course is an F/E or W.

In certain instances, a student may wish to repeat a passed course to raise his/her grade point average (GPA) or to refresh knowledge of specific content. If the student received a passing grade (D- or better), financial aid may be used to repeat the course only one time. Financial aid is not available for coursework completed in a previously earned certificate or degree program.