Credit by Examination
The maximum number of credits a student may receive for prior learning assessment and proficiency exams (PLA, Advanced Placement (AP), College Level Examination Program (CLEP), and Grace administered Proficiency Examinations) is 30 credit hours.
Credit equivalency for exams can be found by accessing Grace’s Transfer Evaluation System (TES) database.
• Access the database directly: Transfer Evaluation System (TES) database
• Navigate to the database:
1. Go to the Transfer Credit section of the catalog
2. Click on Transfer Credit Inventory
3. Type in the exam name (AP, CLEP, etc.) into the Institution Search box.
4. Click on the institution link (example: The College Board AP/CLEP
ADVANCED PLACEMENT (AP)
Grace Online will grant credit to students with scores of 3 or higher on an Advanced Placement (AP) examination conducted by the College Board. Students are required to have their official AP scores sent to the Registrar’s Office. The AP college code number for Grace Christian University is 0809.
COLLEGE LEVEL EXAMINATION PROGRAM (CLEP)
Credit is granted for subject examinations offered by the College Level Examination Program (CLEP); however, no college credit is granted for the CLEP general examinations.
• Credit may not be granted for a CLEP test that is the duplication of coursework for which a student has already received credit.
• The CLEP examination must be completed prior to the student’s last semester at Grace.
• An official transcript must be requested by the student to be sent from the College Board to Grace. The CLEP college code number for Grace Christian University is 1265.
• The CLEP credit will be considered official when the official transcript has been received by the Registrar’s Office and the credit has been posted to the student’s Grace transcript.
DEFENSE ACTIVITY FOR NON-TRADITIONAL EDUCATION SUPPORT (DANTES) AND DSST
Veterans can also earn credit through Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES) Subject Standardized Tests (DSST) with scores meeting or exceeding the score requirements provided by the American Council on Education. Students will be notified of specific credit awarded upon evaluation of the official exam transcript.