Grace Christian University has developed partnerships with several organizations to allow college credit to be awarded or granted based on the completion of a specific program that has been evaluated by Grace. Grace reserves the right to review or change these partnerships at any time. Contact the specific organization or Grace directly (email@example.com) for more specific information.
A contractual arrangement to grant college credit for completing an approved program of study has been reached with the following organizations:
• Bridge Street House of Prayer (Grand Rapids, MI)
• Grace Adventures (ASCENT and PACE programs) – Silver Lake, MI
• Leaders for Christ Bible School (through Resurrection Life Church in Grandville, MI)
• Leadership Essentials Training (Kentwood Community Church) – Kentwood, MI
Grace Christian University has entered into agreements with the following institutions to accept credit from their programs in partial fulfillment of Grace degree programs as specified below.
Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA)
Students who have completed the requirements of the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA) at a Michigan community college will be admitted to the university as having satisfied Grace Christian’s Arts and Sciences Core requirement (30 credits) for the bachelor degree. This agreement requires that the MTA is posted to the student’s official transcript submitted as part of the application process.
Community college students wishing to transfer to Grace Christian are encouraged to contact the Registrar’s Office at Grace Christian to discuss specific coursework that might be completed as part of the MTA degree program that will grant the student the most benefit toward the completion of the Grace degree.
School of Missionary Aviation Technology (SMAT) – Ionia, MI
The agreement with the School of Missionary Aviation Technology (SMAT) offers degree opportunities for students interested in pursuing a career in missionary aviation. Students may combine SMAT training and Grace Christian University coursework in multiple ways to meet their goals.
• Student earns 48 prescribed credits at GCU and a SMAT diploma for which GCU grants 12 credits. These credits would apply toward an Associate degree in General Studies for a total of 60 GCU credits.
• Student earns Associate degree (60 credits) from GCU and transfers to SMAT for diploma.
• Student earns one of the following SMAT diplomas which transfer as a block toward the On Campus B.S. in Interdisciplinary Studies or Online Undergraduate Bachelor programs:
• SMAT Aviation Maintenance Technology diploma – 36 credit hours*
• SMAT Aviation Flight Training diploma – 36 credit hours*
• Both Maintenance and Flight Training – 48 credit hours*
All students must complete the Arts and Sciences and Bible and Theology Core requirements appropriate for the declared degree program.
* For SMAT students who complete both the SMAT Aviation Maintenance Technology diploma and the SMAT Aviation Flight Training diploma (48 total GCU credits awarded) and are seeking to complete a bachelor degree at GCU, the student needs to complete at least 12 credits of upper division (UD: 300 or 400-level) credits through GCU during the last year of study.
Students may also pursue non-degree options to obtain needed credits for their missionary aviation goals.