Two programs are available, including the 60-credit Associate of Arts in Biblical Studies and the 120-credit Bachelor of Science in Biblical Studies.
The program in Biblical Studies prepares students for service in church and parachurch ministries, the mission field, and graduate studies. Students will prepare for vocational Christian ministry by developing a foundational knowledge of the Bible and theology, ministry principles and practices, and by nurturing the personal character necessary for a life of service to Jesus Christ.
Bible and Theology
Grace Christian University believes in biblical higher education. Recognizing that God is the source of all truth, we seek to teach every subject in light of the truths of Scripture. This is especially true of our courses in Bible and theology. At Grace, you will learn about the Bible and the Christian life as well as have opportunities to learn practical skills such as witnessing and teaching the Word of God. All associate degrees have 12 or more credit hours of Bible and theology.
Curriculum / Courses
- ALL COURSES
- + EN -English
- + COM 131 -Fundamentals of Speech
- + COM 331 -Communication Skills
- + GE 101 -The Grace Experience
- + PE -Physical Education Elective(s)
- + PH -Philosophy Elective
- + Fine Arts Elective
- + SC -Science Elective
- + HI -History of Civilization Elective
- + PS 201 -Introduction to Psychology
- + LA 331 -Elementary Biblical Greek I
- + LA 332 -Elementary Biblical Greek II
- + LA 421 -Readings in the New Testament
- + LA 422 -Method of Greek Exegesis
- + BL 102 -Old Testament Literature
- + BL 202 -New Testament Literature
- + BI 215 -Biblical Interpretation
- + TH 161 -Christian Worldview
- + TH 162 -Christian Mission
- + TH 213 -Biblical Christian Thought
- + TH 301 -Formation and Service I
- + TH 302 -Formation and Service II
- + TH 316 -Foundations in Dispensational Theology
- + TH 351 -Theology I
- + TH 352 -Theology II
- + TH 371 -History of Christianity
- + Upper Division Old Testament
- + Upper Division New Testament
- + Upper Division Bible/Theology/Language
- + PT 351 -Homiletics
- + PT 354 -Preaching Lab
- + PT 438 -Ministry Internship
- + Ministry
- + PT 301 -Introduction to Pastoral Ministry
- + PT 311 -Ministry Leadership
- + PT 314 -Pastoral Care
- + PT 326 -Family Life and Ministry
- + PT 401 -Ministry of the Local Church
- + PT 405 -Developing and Reproducing Healthy Churches
- + Undesignated Electives
- TOTAL CREDITS: 124
WHAT STUDENTS LOVE
THE MORE YOU KNOW
Graduating Godly Individuals Prepared to Serve Christ in Church and Society.
OUR CORE VALUES
To be a vibrant University exalting Jesus Christ, preparing culturally intelligent students for diverse careers in the global marketplace.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
A statement of the doctrinal position to which the Board, Administration, and Faculty of Grace Christian University are committed.
I really enjoyed my time at Grace. I have been encouraged and challenged.
~James E., ‘2015
- Encouraged and Challenged