Reports to: Director of Marketing
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience ($35,568 – $40k year)
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator will oversee Grace Christian University’s organic social media accounts specifically and will assist with paid social media, SEO/SEM, and digital advertising efforts. In addition, the Coordinator will work alongside the Director of Marketing and other members of the marketing team to expand awareness of Grace’s brand and coordinate marketing efforts to increase leads for each of the school’s enrollment departments (On-Campus, Online Undergrad, Online Graduate, and Dual-Enrollment).
- Social Media
- Daily monitoring of all social media platforms
- Regular posting of content customized for each platform
- Interact with followers and keep them engaged
- Work with outside vendors when applicable
- Track results and create reports for campaign evaluation
- Platforms include Facebook/Instagram/YouTube (Meta), Twitter, TikTok, and others
- Digital Media
- Monitor digital media campaigns including programmatic ads and streaming media
- Track campaign results and create/review reports for evaluation
- Work with outside vendors when applicable
- Monitor SEO/SEM efforts
- Creation of social and digital media content
- Livestream content
- Blog and copywriting
- Secure on-campus photo and video
- Coordination and utilization of student-supplied content
- Create and curate content that is relevant to enrollment targets
- Use editing tools for photo and video content (Canva)
- Website posting and requested updates
- Resource Coordination
- Build and maintain a library of marketing assets
- Video content
- Photo content
- Text/Copy content
- Digital formats of printed materials, brochures, etc.
- Blogs and past communications pieces (archive)
- Provide assets, as necessary, to marketing requests
- Receive and respond/forward website inquiries from Marketing@… and Info@… email addresses
- Traffic in-house digital screen network
- Work with team members from marketing and the enrollment departments
- Marketing Assistance
- Provide input on marketing activities and initiatives
- Be available for off-site, off-hour marketing efforts (college fairs, conferences, training seminars, events, etc.)
- Brainstorm marketing strategies
- Proofreading, editing copy, etc.
- Manage student-worker projects; oversee internships
- Other duties as prescribed by the Director of Marketing
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Grace Christian University employees must:
- Acknowledge Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior and demonstrate personal maturity and godliness, growing in conformity to the image of Christ.
- A genuine interest in the ongoing success of Grace Bible College and the support of the mission statement of “Graduating courageous ambassadors for Christ who make an eternal impact wherever they go”
- A Bachelor’s degree in or certification (Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Advertising, Business) or equivalent field experience.
- Experience/Knowledge/Expertise in marketing, social media, digital media, and communications.
Computer Skills –
- Expertise in computer applications.
- Expertise in social media platforms; experience in digital/online marketing, SEO/SEM.
- CRM or Salesforce experience.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently perform required technical tasks and learn new technology quickly.
Communication Skills –
- Skilled to communicate in a manner that is courteous, respectful, and professional.
- Ability to use cultural intelligence to interact effectively with a culturally diverse population and a variety of stakeholders, students, alumni, administrative staff, etc.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills, void of jargon.
- Proven capabilities in establishing appropriate professional rapport with courtesy and tact; listening effectively and accurately to determine others’ needs; collecting necessary information; following through appropriately; and handling escalating situations with concern and confidence.
Customer Service Skills –
- Skilled to deal effectively, respectfully, and professionally with people of culturally diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and cultures.
- Capable of establishing appropriate, professional rapport with courtesy and tact.
- Equipped to listen attentively, for verbal and non-verbal ques to ensure accuracy for necessary information and to follow through appropriately, to make informed decisions, and to handle escalating situations with empathy.
- Skilled to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions, collaboratively with others to come to a reasonable resolution.
- Capable of approaching new ideas or challenges with a sense of possibility, openness, and positivity with highest consideration for organizational priority.
Self-Sufficient/ Team Player –
- Must display the ability to be a team player, yet have the self-driven to work independently, take initiative, and perform with minimal supervision.
- Express genuine interest in the team’s well-being, and proactively model organizational customs, beliefs, and values.
Physical Demands –
- Travel is required as needed for meetings and presentations for various events.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, and use hands to type.
- The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Interested candidates send resume to the Director of Marketing, David Turner at email@example.com and the Sr. Director of Strategic Engagement and Communication, Ami Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org